part of growing Data Analytics Team you will work to grow and expand
our data platform to solve current and future challenges. You will be
working with multiple datasources contributing to transform the data
into a business knowledge.
are now undergoing an exciting transformation and understand we will
only be the best company if we can attract and retain the best people,
and this is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to spearhead a
new phase of growth for a fast-moving EdTech company.
- Technical ownership on data platform - have a full responsibility for all existing and new data sources,
roadmap - workout and keep up to date a scalable architecture for
centralizing, integrating and maintaining our data platform,
- Write code supporting the development of big data oriented solutions solving complete data integration or analytic use cases,
quality - detect data/analytics quality issues all the way down to root
cause, and implement fixes and data audits to prevent/capture such
- Explore new technologies during architecture spikes,
assess technology selection decisions - identify, benchmark and
recommend data products.
Required skills & experience:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field,
- You have 3-5 years’ experience with data modeling, and data storage techniques (SQL and non-SQL),
- You are familiar with cloud based business intelligence solutions (Tableau, GoodData, Birst, etc.),
- You know how to perform root cause analysis and resolve issues with reports and data model,
- You are not afraid of taking technical decisions and be responsible about them,
- You are able to work-out effective solutions under uncertain or ambiguous circumstances,
- You have been using Amazon WebServices, Azure or similar technologies,
- You understand big data methods and tools: MapRedudce, Spark, Hive/Hadoop, etc
- You know at least one of the popular programming language (Java, Python, Scala...).
- Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
- Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
- Free Breakfast every Monday
- Free English and Spanish classes
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
- Working in sunny Barcelona
ABA English Culture:
at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we
rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the
best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member
of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we
believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator.
After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office
in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging,
stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business
that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on
the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard week's work with an
inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a
cultural or team building event.
this sounds like something you can handle and would like to be a part
of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in