Mission of this position:
We're looking for an experienced big data developer who wants to become part of our engineering team and help us grow and evolve our big data platform. The candidate should be a team player and be passionate about solving complex problems using the tools that big data offer.
Your responsibilities and deliverables are:
• Design and develop processes and algorithms to ingest and process large amounts of data
• Collaborate on architectural decisions driving platform evolution
• Work closely with other engineers, data-scientists and, product owners to define algorithms and software specifications
• Interact with BI engineers to investigate and implement best techniques to expose data
• Prototype and test new big data technologies and ideas
We offer you:
• Fantastic colleagues.
• A lot of fun.
• Opportunities for professional and personal development.
• An organization with highly professional people to develop with and draw upon.
• A position with challenging tasks and a balance between your professional and personal life.
• An organization with ambitious goals.
• An organization in constant change and in front of our industry.
• An Internationally expanding organization
To succeed in this position, you will have a proven track record and:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer sciences or equivalent experience, brilliant academic record a plus
• 3+ years experience as a Java developer
• Hands-on experience with Hadoop / YARN
• 1+ year experience with one NoSQL database, like HBase or Cassandra
• Experience as a back-end developer (Java EE, Spring)
• Experience with Storm, Kafka and/or Spark are a plus
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
• Results and quality oriented, with good collaboration skills
• Familiar with agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
• Fluent in English