CMP Group is looking for a Senior PHP Developer for a High Traffic Site in a challenging and fun environment!
about 15 developers here in Barcelona, we are a mid-sized and quickly
growing company and we want you to help us to define/refine our
methodologies, tools, and architecture, as well as help us to come up
with creative solutions for our products and to design new applications
from scratch, using cutting edge technologies.
CMP Group a
friendly, progressive company that understands the importance of the
work/play ratio. So, hang out with us on our terrace, where you can
relax or play ping pong. Join us for barbecues, nights out and winter
ski trips. Exchange ideas with people from all aspects of our business
to help encourage new ideas and out of the box thinking. Come and work
in an environment that encourages your growth as a developer by
investing in conferences and workshops and always encouraging you to
learn new things!
- Maintain, develop and add new features to our core products
- Modernise and improve existing code
- Triage, diagnose and solve production system software problems
- Develop new components and systems
- Advise on issues for improving app performance and scalability
- Develop unit and functional tests.
- Be involved in the full life cycle development process
- Actively participate in Code Reviews
- 3+ years object-oriented PHP experience.
- Strong knowledge and practice of Object Oriented Design patterns and principles.
- Expertise in, at least, one of the big PHP frameworks (preferable Symfony2 – or Symfony based - or Zend).
- Demonstrable experience on MySQL.
- Experience using git/github
- Experience in Unix environments
- EU work permit
- Fluent English
- Experience working on high traffic websites / products
- Exposure to Agile methodologies (SCRUM) and related management tools (ideally Atlassian/Jira/Crucible).
- Experience with Amazon Web services (AWS)
- Experience on TDD and/or BDD workflow.
OUR TECH STACK
- DDD and Micro-services architecture
- Event Sourcing and CQRS
- PHP and NodeJS
- Phpspec, Behat and Selenium
- Frameworks: Symfony2, Laravel, Silex and Zend.
- New Relic, DataDog and Blackfire.
- Jira, Confluence and Crucible.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); EC2, ELB, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, RDS, ElastiCache, S3,…
- Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Consul and Vault.
BenefitsPermanent contract Flexible working hours23 days of vacation, plus flexible bank holidaysContinuous training and free English and/or Spanish classesCompany
sponsored events: industry meet-ups through the Summer; company-wide
retreat (Caribbean in June 2015); office ski trip in winterApple work equipmentPrivate health insurancePaid lunchesQuarterly profit sharing bonusMonthly tech "freestyle" days - tech team members decide what they want to work on and do itInteresting projects and working with latest technologiesBig terrace with ping pong and kicker tables, as well as many drinks and snacks.
ATTRACTIVE SALARY + BONUS + BENEFITS!
* Only submissions in English will be considered.