We are looking for a Technical Product Owner to join our team in the Barcelona offices.
You will be part of a very skillful engineering team that develops both internal, company facing products and APIs such as reporting, and marketing tools, as well as customer facing services, such as billing or acquisition flows. You will be responsible for working with stakeholders and other product owners in order to develop and transmit product goals, ensuring that we continuously deliver quick value to the rest of the business within an Agile environment.
What you’ll do
· Facilitate the delivery of software into production through excellence in product management.
· Business and product analysis, definition and prioritization in an Agile environment.
· Transmit the goals and value of the stories to the development team, work with them to refine the stories.
· Understand high value KPI’s for the different products and integrate them into monitoring and reporting tools.
· Adapt the different available agile methodologies to help the team to move to the next level of performance.
· Ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders, other product owners and founders, and be able to group, prioritize and make sense of those request in the big picture.
· Help out with releases of new features. Acceptance testing.
· 2+ year Project Management experience
· Understands all parts of the software development lifecycle
· Knowledge of Internet solutions design and development.
· Experience working at a "digital first", Internet oriented, 24x7, b2c business.
· Willingness and interest in deeply understanding how the business works to better articulate business requirements for the software developers.
· Data driven thinker.
· Hands-on technical background of developing Internet solutions software (Ideally LAMP environment) before moving into project management
· Good understanding of agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good listener and observer.
· Leadership and initiative.
· Proactive identification of problem areas along with proposing solutions to address them.
· Willingness and capability to participate in product testing and release management
· Strong delivery, "push it over the line" orientation
· Knowledge of commercial reporting, monitoring and analysis tools ideally Kibana, Google Analytics and Datadog.
· Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
· Atlassian solutions, especially Jira.
· Knowledge of additional project delivery methodologies.
· Experience in small, startup businesses
· Project budgeting and business case creation
· Permanent contract.
· Flexible working hours.
· 23 days of vacation, plus flexible bank holidays.
· Continuous training and free English and/or Spanish classes.
· Company-wide retreat (Caribbean in Summer 2015, Sardinia in Summer 2016); office ski trip in winter.
· Apple work equipment.
· Private health insurance.
· Paid lunches.
· Quarterly profit sharing bonus.
· Monthly tech "freestyle" days - tech team members decide what they want to work on and do it.
· Interesting projects and working with latest technologies.
· Big terrace with ping pong and kicker tables, as well as many drinks and snacks.