letgo is a revolution in marketplaces: it's mobile, easy to use and
local. Our goal is to make selling and buying from people nearby a
breeze! We’re looking for Senior Frontend Developer to join our dynamic
We are a data-driven, agile team. Developers have the freedom to come up
with new feature ideas and work closely with product managers &
user experience designers to make an impact on the millions of users in
letgo community. We ship often, get immediate user feedback and use
experimentation to make decisions
We are very open to the use of new technologies. In our stack we have
php, mysql, gearman, mongodb, orientedb, elasticsearch, redis, docker,
new tools/languages that help us improve.
Our new Senior Frontend Developer will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with User Experience Designers to iterate on
the design and implementation of our product for the US and all other
- Writing high-quality, standardised and usable code recognizing opportunities to optimize all of your front-end code.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and
abstractions working closely with team members to deliver features that
- Tracking down and fixing bugs.
- Adding proactive and positive energy to our rapidly growing company.
- You should have an opinion on the direction your projects
go and be able to back that opinion up with data. You should be able to
distill and prioritize the requirements of others and understand how
these requirements fit in with the overall product.
- Participate and contribute to design and code reviews for
producing quality code. Share engineering support, release, and on-call
responsibilities. Communicate with technical and non-technical
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices.
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- Experience with high-traffic sites.
- Experience with version control like git, subversion, etc.
- Experience with bug tracking tools like Jira, Redmine, Bugzilla, etc.
- Basic knowledge of SEO.
- Use jQuery, but don't rely on it.
- Craft optimized CSS with LESS or SASS
- Permanent contract
- Benefits: dental and health insurance, stock options…
- Exceptional work environment
- Team-building activities
- Candy Bar (free snacks and drinks)
- On-site physical therapy
- Language Courses