Schibsted Media Group is
an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From
Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact
with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can
be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how
consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services.
Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and
the latest fashion is browsed... these examples are just some of the
ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily
The overall mission of Schibsted
Products and Technology is to develop the common global product
platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and
identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting
users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million
monthly active users under our belt, we're able to harness huge amounts
data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local
expertise, we've got a winning combination
will deliver a brand new marketplace product for Schibsted which will
touch every aspect of Schibsted’s technology stack and so we are
recruiting broadly across all skills and levels. To deliver to 12
marketplaces in 2016/17 and system and UI components across all of
Schibsted’s properties. This UI will support be customisation to serve
any of Schibsted's marketplace sites and components that can be directly
used by all Schibsted teams: globally touching 120 million users across
35 markets. As part of this, we are building a raft of microservices to
power our new platform and cutting edge mobile apps. That will be
delivering technologies such as; a dynamic experimentation platform,
personalisation, real time messaging, deep customisations and client
side deep learning networks.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team, develop client code that can be used by many disparate properties.
- Develop prototypes quickly but deliver production code that works well in emerging and established markets
involved in a full spectrum of mobile engineering, including new
features and new applications but also SDKs and tools to support
experimentation, localisation and customisation.
- Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools. Document and communicate them.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality
the issues of working in emerging markets - old handsets and low
bandwidth networks whilst also delivering a modern, performant app.
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.Optimize iOS apps for maximum speed and scale.
- Excellent experience in web development for iPhone and iOS
- Deep expertise in Swift or Objective-C.
- Some server side experienceCore Animation, CoreData
- Design and consumption of REST APIs
Nice to have:
- Objective-C++ for porting external librariers
- Metal or GPU experience.
The technologies we’re using right now to build great products:
-Native iOS/UIKit development with Swift and Objective-C
-Dependency management with Cocoapods (or Carthage)
-Designing and consuming JSON REST APis
-Optimisation and performance analysis using Instruments