Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31
countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of
people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new
and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where
and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online
services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are
compared and the latest fashion is browsed... these examples are just
some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in
their daily lives.
Schibsted Products &
Technology is a brand new technology start-up within Schibsted, with
offices in London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is
built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status
quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we
recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven,
ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions,
we want to hear from you.
The overall mission
of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global
product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data
and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs,
delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250
million monthly active users under our belt, we're able to harness huge
amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our
deep local expertise, we've got a winning combination.
The Security Team at Schibsted is supporting
autonomous development teams with a focus on raising security awareness,
sharing responsibility, and building tools. Our main goal is to
establish a secure posture based on "Protect to Enable" that enforces
the security on a rapidly-changing environment.
are looking for a capable system security engineer, who enjoys security
work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
This is a great opportunity to be on the leading edge of cloud-based
software security and simultaneously gain intimate knowledge of
Schibsted products and services. You must be a quick learner, and have
strong technical and communication skills.
with development teams to make their platforms more secure, helping to
identify and define system security requirements and to define secure
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to automate repeatable tasks related to security.
- Consult, evangelize, and teach theoretical and practical security to groups of varying sizes, disciplines, and experience levels
- Continually improve your technical and collaboration skills.
- Engage and participate in the security community
- Proactivity and ability to move in very dynamic environments
- Proven working experience in computer security.
- Detailed technical knowledge of networking, applications and operating system security.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and related protocols.
- Programming knowledge at least on some scripting languages like Python, Ruby, etc.
- Willing to travel occasionally, mainly to London, Oslo and Stockholm.
- More than 5 years of experience working in computer security.
- Experience with public cloud environments and technologies, including Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge about DevOps culture and its implications for security.
- Solid knowledge of cryptography.
- Good communication skills to make presentations and documentation.
- Experience with big data analytics for improving security posture.