We are looking for a Software Engineer to participate in the
development of bespoke built and scalable electoral modernization
portfolio products and solutions to keep Innovating Democracy Worldwide.
If you are a strong Software Engineer with an excellent knowledge of
(AngularJS) to perform some tasks in the frontend when needed (or you
have the interest to learn it), this is position is specially made for
This position is based in Scytl Headquarters in Barcelona.
How can you help us?
Your responsibilities as a Software Engineer will be the following:
- Development and optimization of reliable and secure applications used by millions of people.
- Participation in the analysis and architectural design of a mission critical software.
- Participation in the delivery of projects Worldwide. Some sporadic short-term trips may be required.
- Contribution to a team of an outstanding engineering team willing to collaborate and to share knowledge with you.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle of Java applications in Tomcat server.
- Experience in multiplatform development (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- Scripting skills (Python, Bash,...)
- Knowledge of data access applications development and databases such as Oracle DB (or similar).
- Sound knowledge of SQL, ODBC/JDBC , XML, Design Patterns.
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science or similar.
- 3-4 years in a similar position.
Extra points for:
- System Administration skills at any level.
- Experience with testing tools such a s Postman, curl or similar.
- Ability to work both independent and as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills with a challenging and enquiring mind.
- Good communication skills as well as organized, persistent and driven to get the things done.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Excellent English at both spoken and written levels.
What is Scytl?
is the global leader in secure election management and electronic
voting solutions. Specializing in election modernization technologies,
Scytl offers the first end-to-end election management and voting
platform, providing the highest security and transparency standards
Scytl has capitalized on its more than 18
years of research to develop election-specific cryptographic security
technology protected by more than 40 international patents and patent
applications, positioning Scytl as the company with the largest patent
portfolio of the industry.
Scytl’s solutions have been
successfully used in more than 35 countries throughout the world over
the last 10 years, including Canada, the United States, Mexico, Ecuador,
the EU, France, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the
UAE, India and Australia. Scytl is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain
with strategic offices in Canada, the United States, Peru and Greece as
well as field offices in the UK, Ukraine, Australia, Malaysia and
For more info, please visit www.scytl.com
- International working environment.
- Creative and results focused team.
- Opportunity to be part of the worldwide leader in its market.
- Good offices in Barcelona city centre.