Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 280 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make 2016 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
As a Lead Backend Developer you will manage a team of backend
developers and guide them towards successful project deliveries. To
achieve sustainable results, you should be providing technical
leadership through coaching and mentorship and maintain high standards
of software quality by establishing good practices and habits. You will
also be in charge of identifying and encouraging areas for growth and
improvement within the team and work in collaboration with other backend
leads and departments on company-wide projects.
Our backends are developed using several technologies and
programming languages (PHP, Python, Golang, Lua, etc…), so you should
not be afraid to work with our existing code, extend, maintain and
continuously refactor the backend of our games.
As a Lead Backend Developer, you will also work in designing and
implementing high available systems for the server part of our games.
You will be part of our games team and work closely with systems,
frontend and other departments. You will be integrated in business
decisions as part of our technology strategy.
This is you
Professional, problem solver, proactive, team worker, rigorous,
with leadership skills and detail oriented. You are smart, creative and
practical at the same time. And you have the ability to work fast,
quickly get up to speed with existing code, and learn new concepts
- More than 8 years of programming experience.
- More than 3 years of professional experience managing teams.
- Worked and mastered languages like Java, C#, C++, Erlang, Golang, etc...
- Intermediate systems knowledge and understand what happens behind your code
- Experience designing and implementing complex systems with multiple parts and technologies
- Experience with application scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience with application and system orchestration: understand where you code fits within the big picture.
- You are ambitious: you want to learn, improve, try new roles…
- You accept challenges: you’ll be happy to see our traffic doubling instead of being daunted :-)
- Common sense and can get things done.
- You are a good team worker.
- You are able to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical people.
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy...
You will count on all the resources you need for your work: the
newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify
People development is key for us: Here you will have
professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of, supported
by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing training
We also care about our SocialPointers health, so we offer them a
healthy Monday breakfast and a delicious daily lunch menu. Want to stay
in shape? We have a brand new gym and football and basketball teams.
Our physiotherapist can always help with your muscular problems!
Get to know your colleagues better in our monthly events! You can pay a visit our hairdresser to get ready ;)
If you are new in the city, you can join our Newbies Club! We
offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all
your boring paperwork ;)
The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!