Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 280 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make 2016 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will help us to solve exciting
technical challenges like serving more than 200K concurrent players!
backends are developed using several technologies and programming
languages (PHP, Python, Golang, Lua, etc…), so you should not be afraid
to work with our existing code, extend, maintain and continuously
refactor the backend of our games.
Your job is not only about
coding. You will also have to work with other teams like mobile,
analytics or systems to integrate your components, as well as writing
technical designs, documentation, knowledge sharing and training other
As a backend engineer, you will also work in designing and
implementing high available systems for the server part of our games.
You will be part of our games team and work closely with systems,
frontend and other departments. You will be integrated in business
decisions as part of our technology strategy.
This is you
Professional, problem solver, proactive, team worker, rigorous, with
leadership skills and detail oriented. You are smart, creative and
practical at the same time. And you have the ability to work fast,
quickly get up to speed with existing code, and learn new concepts
You also have
- You have more than 5 years of programming experience.
- You have worked and mastered languages like Java, C#, C++, Erlang, Golang, etc...
- You have intermediate systems knowledge and understand what happens behind your code
- You have experience designing and implementing complex systems with multiple parts and technologies
- You have experience with application scalability, performance and reliability
- You have experience with application and system orchestration: understand where you code fits within the big picture
- You are ambitious: you want to learn, improve, try new roles…
- You accept challenges: you’ll be happy to see our traffic doubling instead of being daunted :-)
- You have common sense and can get things done.
- You are a good team worker.
- You are able to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical people.
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy...
You will count on all the resources you need for your work: the
newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify
People development is key for us: Here you will
have professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of,
supported by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing
We also care about our SocialPointers health,
so we offer them a healthy Monday breakfast and a delicious daily lunch
menu. Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym and football and
basketball teams. Our physiotherapist can always help with your muscular
Get to know your colleagues better in our monthly events! You can pay a visit our hairdresser to get ready ;)
you are new in the city, you can join our Newbies Club! We offer
weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your
boring paperwork ;)
The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!